The Board of Directors are responsible for the overall governance and operation of the services. The directors act in a voluntary capacity and are non-executive. Directors are subject to compliance with the Board Member Code of Conduct.
Denis Herlihy (chairperson) Barry O'Brien
Sr. Mary Fitzgerald Sr. Rita Higginbotham
Margaret Browne Dr. Nan Ferrari
Tomás Horgan Patrick Phelan
Vincent O’Flynn (chief executive)
The Board is supported in its work in the areas of strategy, governance, compliance and controls by a number of Sub-Committees. Membership of the Sub-Committees is made up of Board Members and members of the management team. Responsibility for oversight and review of a number of key areas has been delegated to the Sub-Committees. The Sub-Committee reports are considered by the Board of Directors at each meeting.
The following Sub-Committees are in operation and the terms of reference may be viewed by clicking on the name of the Sub-Committee:
- Governance Sub-Committee
- Audit & Finance Committee terms of reference
- Risk, Quality & Services Committee terms of reference
- Remuneration Committee terms of reference
- Nominations Committee terms of reference
- Strategic Committee term of reference – Policy on Strategic Plan and Strategic Planning Guidelines