Carriglea Cairde Services
CARRIGLEA, DUNGARVAN, CO. WATERFORD.
At Carriglea Cairde Services, we provide a comprehensive range of day, residential and respite services to approximately two hundred adults with mild, through to profound, degrees of intellectual disability. We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Senior Program Assistant
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate genuine kindness, empathy and patience in their daily interaction with service users in a person-centered service.
- Support a team of staff in leading out on day service programs and the implementation of the Interim Day Standards for New Directions.
- Ensure PCP’s are completed for all service users within their relevant team.
- Ensure service users are supported to have normal lives in normal communities and actively support them to achieve meaningful social roles in their local community.
- Work in partnership with the local community to promote the abilities of and contribution service users can make to their local community.
- Actively seek new interests and opportunities for service users to interact in their communities in a positive way via social roles i.e. volunteering, work, membership of groups/clubs, etc.
- Have responsibility for managing resources to meet service user requirements.
- Liaise with parents and families in delivering person centered plans and community integration is a key requirement of this role.
- Have accountability for meeting performance appraisals, induction and probation for their staff teams.
- Ensure all staff are aware of their functions in meeting compliance standards.
- Key working is an essential part of this role.
- Be responsible in collaboration with the manager for organizing staff so that services are delivered in the way which best suits the service users and that staff will co-ordinate with one another.
- Have excellent communication skills and facilitate monthly team meetings.
If you are creative, flexible and enthusiastic, come and join our dynamic team in caring for adults with intellectual disabilities. Current Department of Health Salary Scales will apply for all the above posts. Curriculum Vitae’s along with a covering letter can be sent on e mail to Eileen Skehan, Human Resources Manager at; email@example.com Closing date is the 19th June 2023..
Carriglea Cairde Services is an equal opportunities employer.